tisdag 29 mars 2011

Regretting traditional orthodontics

Researching the topic of traditional orthodontics gone wrong has been extremely disturbing and very depressing at times. It's like facing your deepest fears. But it has made me grow emotionally. I think the reasons I have been able to come this far are that I now:

1. Know what is wrong with me, that something IS wrong and that I didn't just imagine things.

2. Know that there are other people out there regretting this type of traditional orthodontics "treatment".

3. Know that the orthodontists that treated me made a mistake even though extraction orthodontics is still an accepted method today. People afterwards said to me, "You look fabulous!" and seemed satisfied with the way I turned out but I know now that I didn't imagine things and that my health and my appearance were damaged (well, were bad to begin with but were made worse). I feel that in the end I am the winner because I was right. It might sound weird but it means a lot to me and is closely related to the fact that I don't have to feel crazy anymore.

4. Know that I can help other people. At least I can reach out. Then, if people don't share my opinions, that's up to them.

1 kommentar:

  1. I am one in millions people who have suffered from Traditional orthodontic. I cant tell you how much i do regret about it ... It was a big mistake i have made in life. I am currently trying to find a trusted functional orthodontist to help me with my appearance and health ( TMJ, Breathing ... ).

    Hope you are doing fine.
    Take care

    Bruce

    SvaraRadera